Monday, January 26, 2009

Coyote Reads?

Remember the large coyote that we saw hanging out in the park near the Denver Tech Center? I saw it again -- at least I think it was the same one -- crossing South Holly Street near the Koelbel Library in the adjacent Denver suburbs. This raises the obvious question: Why did the coyote cross the road, anyway?

* To borrow the library's only copy of How to Catch Flightless Birds Using Acme Rockets?

* To skulk away from the park slowly, as the atypically empty swings at the playground sway back...and forth...back...and forth...

* To continue its homeward trek after the Lobo-bama inauguration?

* To enter an Oscars(TM) betting pool at the neighbors?

* To attend a Carnivores Anonymous meeting?

* To catch up with the chicken?

* Or was it, as I strongly suspect, to scare two impressionable, recently transplanted Northeasterners who don't know coyotes from cacti, just for fun?

All I know is, Wile E. was grinning at me like he knew something that I didn't. What he doesn't know, of course, is my vehicular history with respect to the animal kingdom. Heh, heh, heh...

Further reports as events warrant. That is, assuming I'm still here and have avoided becoming one of said events.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...